Monday, May 31, 2010

About the "ghosts"

I guess I should start this little section so I can keep notes. The new little tag is called "secrets" because they're little facts I want people to figure out on their own as they read along. :P So they are spoiler-y. They'll be in a different colored font. :P

I guess the first big question is what Django sees and communicates with. They do appear like ghosts, but they aren't. Heh, but I understand that the way they are rendered makes them look like spirits. The seven personalities, including conscious Django, are bits and pieces of Django as a whole. The story is one of those where characteristics and and personalities all separate. They are an exaggeration and representation of the personality. [I remember my professor mentioning Psychomachia and Wizard of Oz using this. Scarecrow is knowledge, Tinman is love, and Lion is bravery; three things Dorothy needed and acquired. In Psychomachia, Sins and Virtues fought each other.]


So Heir, Patient, Incubus,
Admirer, Wife, Sovereign, and Broken are all different representations of emotions.
  • Heir is simply the vessel, the receiver of the body. He seems normal, but is a bit empty inside. Hence the title. :P
  • Patient is his true past. He's a bit bitter over being forgotten, so he also embodies Django's negativity.
  • Incubus is lust. Pretty plain and simple. Django has pretty much repressed him so he formed in his mind as a separate being.
  • Admirer is love. Just like Incubus, he's been repressed a bit. Django still cares about people, he's just very afraid to say anything.
  • Wife is guilt. Like Patient she has been forgotten, but she won't stand for that. She builds lies to try and be remembered.
  • Sovereign is dominance. Django does lack some confidence. Sovereign is also Django's fear of superior authority.
  • Broken is Django's awareness of his problems. It'll take him a while to figure out what his problems are and finding a solution may not be any easier.
The Seven can also be related to the Seven Deadly Sins. I'll cover that later though. And I'll cover why I chose seven [not because of the sins ;D]

No comments:

Post a Comment